Friday, March 21, 2003

I've been sleepy all day but now that it comes to it . . . now that it's go time, and I'm looking at my bed . . . I can't do it. I just can't.

I couldn't eat dinner either--this, I believe, is because I got six breadsticks for lunch when I only ordered four. Those Pat & Oscars breadsticks are quite filling.

Makes me think of the scene in the Chinese movie To Live where they make the doctor gobble down all the rolls and then drink a bunch of water, so his stomach accidently swells enough to kill him.

I was just thinking, too, about a number of Chinese movies I'd like to get on DVD. There was a time, a few years back, where I rather compulsively sought out Chinese cinema at the video store.

Right now, though, I'm watching a Japanese movie called Ran and I'm thinking about Laurence Kasdan. And A & W Rootbeer. The rootbeer's giving me a stomach ache, I'm pretty sure.

It's looking like the U.S. is prolly gonna win this war thing. I couldn't really bear to watch the news to-day. The people on CNN were kinna struggling most of the time for something to report, it seems . . . I was at Tim's house, and I was trying to get him to finish watching Ride with the Devil, which we'd started watching a few days ago. But he just couldn't take his eyes of the War, and I'm ashamed to say it put a rather gleeful smile on his face. I think that's when my stomach ache started.

Republicans scare me. Republicans like Tim, like George W. Bush, and, yes, Republicans like Joe Lieberman. Especially Republicans like Joe Lieberman.

The name Joe scares me.

I think I'll start doing some concept sketches for some of the characters in part 8 of my novel to-morrow . . . For now, I think I'll read some more. Or finish watching Ran.

Was reading Peter Straub's The Buffalo Hunter a few minutes ago. Just read the scene where Bunting goes on a blind date and I thought . . . this scene was so exquisite. Peter Straub's a plain genius.

No comments:

Post a Comment