Tuesday, April 22, 2003

Just watched a movie starring Gene Kelly and Judy Garland that started out with a message saying that the film was fondly dedicated to vaudville, and proceeded, in the first half of the movie, to be a sweet little romance with singing and dancing. But the second half became peculiar war propaganda (for WW2, although the story was supposedly set during WW1).

Even so, it was cute, even though I have no desire to ever see Gene Kelly wielding a machine gun again.

I ate lots of candy as I watched and came away from the movie feeling giddy.

...

Listened to a bunch of people in class to-day talking about how "stupid" the short story I'd submitted was. Trisa tells me I shouldn't listen to them as they're all idiots. That could be true, although I think it might be more accurate to say that they are xenophobes. Which is certainly a kind of idiocy in my book.

It was all still a little dispiriting, but I think I'll live.

I got some nice compliments about another project in my inbox when I got home, which helped quite a bit.

Goodnight folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment