Monday, September 15, 2003

Awakened this morning by fear!

Fear of what exactly, I'm not sure. I just found myself suddenly griped by a mysterious, rapidly escalating sensation of panic. Dunno what caused it. Perhaps it was all the pizza and coke and chocolate cake I ate last night.

I was flat broke yesterday. Actually, I'm even flatter broke to-day as yesterday I scrounged together just enough money to buy a cup of coffee at Starbucks so that I might write at that place. Seems I can't simply go at the pen and paper at home anymore . . . At any rate, I did get a good deal of writing done. I wrote roughly half of chapter 77--no, not chapter 78 because, as you remember, I discovered that what I'd been calling chapter 77 for weeks was in fact chapter 76. I think. By the time I'm done with the first draft and I've gone through the whole thing carefully, I may find it to be chapter 2. Maybe.

I did find out why my room smelled of an aquarium yesterday, and why the adjoining bathroom smelled even more aquarium-esque. I won't say much about it, except that 1) it wasn't my fault and that 2) humans and fish really aren't so different as we perhaps like to believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment