Sunday, September 07, 2003

A couple weeks ago, I read an old article by Johnny Depp about the time he hung out with Allen Ginsberg. Depp discribes Ginsberg as constantly flirting with him but, in the midst of this, Ginsberg apparently played for Depp a recording of Oscar Wilde reading an excerpt from Ballad of Reading Gaol.

Ever since reading that, I've kinna desperately wanted to get my hands on a copy of this recording. So I was naturally very disapointed when I came across this article, which asserts that the recording, believed genuine for almost fifty years, was probably a fake.

And that just sucks.

It's weird to think that Ginsberg died thinking that he had heard the voice of Oscar Wilde. Does that, too, suck, I wonder?

...

Typed a lot yesterday. To-day I think I'll eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment