Friday, January 02, 2004

Saw Paycheck with my mother yesterday. It wasn't so great. It was marginally entertaining, but an overall sad waste of a good premise.

Dreamt last night that Trisa and an older man wearing a rug were in bed and I was sitting at the foot of the bed playing with their dog. They were discussing Subway Sandwich and bread folding.

Watched Hayao Miyazaki's Laputa: Castle in the Sky last night, and it made me feel good for its shear Miyazaki-ishness; the sweet, Alice in Wonderland with physical comedy and genuinely menacing villains added in. Wasn't as good as Princess Mononoke but still great.

After this, I watched the 1946 version of The Big Sleep. And in spite of the '46 version having more Lauren Bacall in it, I think I prefer the '45 version. It makes more sense, or something.

Apparently, no one working on the film was able to figure out who killed Carmen Sternwood's chauffuer. So puzzled were they by it that they ended up contacting Raymond Chandler, and even he was puzzled. Personally, I think Joe Brody did it. Or at least, he's the only one who really could have, unless the driver was killed by a random passerby.

No comments:

Post a Comment