Thursday, June 10, 2004

Last night, I watched John Huston's Beat the Devil. It felt kind of like watching an Indiana Jones movie I'd never seen before. It was great fun with cool and interesting guys and beautiful and interesting women. The movie deserves more from me but I feel rather dead at the moment. Inexplicably sleepy . . .

Jennifer Jones was a adorable. Gina Lollobrigida was terribly sexy. Humphrey Bogart had noticeably bad teeth at this point but really seemed to be enjoying himself. And Peter Lorre was in it, because he seems to be in every movie I watch lately. Roger Ebert, in his Great Movies review, said Lorre improvised a lot of his lines in this movie.

In other news, the Starbucks at North County Fair, my favourite mall, has been suckicised. It now has the new machine, and its big comfortable chairs have been taken away. It was a disappointing sight. The triple latte I got was good, but only as good as most Starbucks'.

I have to get up early to-morrow for my sister's high school graduation. Oh, how the time flies. As Lorre said, "What is time? Swiss manufacture it. French hoard it. Italians squander it. Americans say it is money. Hindus say it does not exist. Do you know what I say? I say time is a crook."

Now I think I'll draw things . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment