Tuesday, August 14, 2007

I was drawing a few moments ago when I felt this weird tightening sensation on the upper region of my left cheekbone, just below my eye socket. It went away after a moment and I didn't think much about it. Then it came again and went away again. I still didn't think much of it until I glanced at the mirror and actually saw a small depression form in that area in my cheek as I felt the sensation, and then disappear along with the sensation.

It's still doing this even as I type. It looks like my cheekbone has started breathing. I've never had this happen to me before--anyone know anything about this sort of thing? I haven't eaten anything weird this morning--I had a butter croissant and a grande Americano from Starbucks. I'll go eat a banana and see if that helps.

Nope. It's still breathing. I hope this isn't something that's going to make me rue my lack of health insurance. Rue it more, anyway. I hope it doesn't get in the way of me drawing--I seem to have gotten into a good rhythm, and for the past five days I've spent nearly all day of each day working on my comic. I see Dark Horse has the "New Recruits" contest on their site again, and I think I'm going to try for that. But the deadline is December 31 and my project wouldn't be reviewed until next year. Which is actually kind of similar to the other thing I'm considering, applying for a Xeric grant. So in any case, there's no rush, but I guess it'd be nice to have the full mini-series ready for submission.

Damn, my cheek's still breathing. And it's getting more rapid. This is really weird . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment