Friday, August 17, 2007

This post is directed at the animals; yes, I hear you, I just don't know what you're trying to say.

I won't count the enormous orange spiders who make webs across the front porch which I inevitably walk through, finding the creatures later dangling frantic from my arm, clothes, or hat. Those show up every summer. Instead, I'll begin with the moth;

Two nights ago, I put the coffee pot under the water dispenser on the refrigerator and reached up to press its button. Instead, my finger jabbed at something that I thought was the rubber nozzle falling off, but in fact it was a large grey moth that fell directly into the centre of the coffee pot. I went out the front door, flicked the pot, and the moth flew away, somehow avoiding the spider webs.

Yesterday morning, I had to leave the house for the usual Thursday reasons, so I decided to drive to the mall. Only a few blocks away from the house, I came to the top of a small hill and suddenly saw a snake slithering across the road directly in front of me. I swerved to avoid it--wouldn't it be funny if it caused an accident? "Snake, why did you cause a car accident?" "Because I'm a snake, it is my nature."

In the evening, I was walking to my parents' house for dinner when I noticed a lone female duck walking next to me. I smiled at her and continued walking. Looking back, I saw her waddling after me.

Friday's barely begun and already a large black spider has crawled across the desk. I'm not too worried; I have a good rep with the spiders around here. Well, except for the orange ones outside, but they have to know I can't help it.

I'm not sure what all this portends.


Groovy, Baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment