Tuesday, September 18, 2007

I've been in the mood for some Jameson for a little while now and last night I went to get some, even though a bottle is something like twenty-five dollars. But next to the Jameson was some scotch called Speyburn on sale for seventeen dollars, so I got that instead. Before last night, my only experience with scotch was a brand called Scoresby. Boy, what a difference. Scorseby had tasted something like marshmallow piss, but the Speyburn was like heaven. I had a glass before dinner, which of course expedited my transition to clumsiness mode. I propped up my insides with a burrito and a quesadilla then had two more glasses of scotch and watched Futurama. Then I went back to my room and decided the responsible thing to do would be to finish my bottle of Wild Turkey, as I ought to've done that before I started on the scotch. It's not quite as bad as it sounds--I only had about one glass of Wild Turkey left. I drank it while watching two episodes of Cowboy Bebop, "Waltz for Venus" and "Jamming with Edward". Cowboy Bebop is a good show, but with alcohol, it's a great show.

Then I got to thinking about how good the scotch was, so I had four glasses of that and I started swirling around in my seat while watching Smiths and Joy Division videos on YouTube. Then I watched some Bill Murray and Sarah Silverman videos to shake off some gloom. I also found a bunch of Second City videos--this is great:



I also noticed that video of Sally Fields getting censored at the Emmys is really popular. Which I sort of love--if FOX hadn't been blockheaded enough to censor "god damn", which isn't even on the official list of naughty words anymore, no one would have heard about it. It would have just been another anti-war actor talking about being anti-war, and not even with any special eloquence (". . . if mothers ruled the world, there would be no god damn wars." I guess that explains Margaret Thatcher's famous pacifism).

I slept like the dead and woke up feeling really interesting. I think I'm actually going to go try and write, though. I had some new ideas yesterday . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment