Wednesday, November 28, 2007

The past several days have been extremely weird.

Anyway, here are some favourite quotes. From Roger Ebert's 1970 interview with Groucho Marx;

"You know, I don't believe in religion, or the hereafter. Not at all. I discussed the subject with Chico and Harpo a couple of years before they died. They said they'd get in touch with me if there were a hereafter. But you know what?" He examined the ash of his cigar thoughtfully. "I never heard a word. Not a goddamn word."

And from the Wikipedia entry on Stanley Kubrick's The Shining;

According to Stephen King, Stanley Kubrick called Stephen King during preproduction around 3 o'clock in the morning to ask "Aren't ghost stories really just an affirmation of an afterlife?" King did not necessarily agree. During the conversation, Kubrick asked flatly, "Do you believe in God?" King thought a minute and said, "Yeah, I think so." Kubrick replied, "No, I don't think there is a God," and hung up.

No comments:

Post a Comment