Friday, December 11, 2009
      ( 6:53 PM ) posted by Setsuled  
Last night's tweets;

One alien mall wing's always empty.
The best Indian prices for Christ's wood.
Phallic like a long observatory.
A new shadow falls where Bob's Big Boy stood.


They're putting a Bob's Big Boy in Parkway Plaza mall. And I thought they'd all gone out of business--it's no place for a vegetarian, I guess, but I'd like having David Lynch's favourite burger joint nearby. There used to be Bob's Big Boys around here when I was a kid--I remember their food being a bit dry and tart, by fast food standards.

Last night I dreamt Charlie Chaplin made The Great Dictator and woke up to find it was true. In my dream, though, the movie had an extra "blank" act. I don't remember what that might have looked like--the only visual I remember was a blank title card with a white, flowery border.

I've been playing chess pretty regularly in Second Life lately ever since I finally found a vital community of players. Everyone seems to be better than me, luckily I really don't seem to mind losing nowadays. Maybe I'll play better with some alcohol, which I might try to-night since my doctor called to-day to tell me the results of my blood test. My blood says I'm totally fine. I mean, there's nothing wrong with me, I'm not saying my blood was flirting with me, but who knows?

They stuck a needle in my arm yesterday, which I don't think I've had done since I was a little kid. I wondered if it would freak me out, but I made myself stare at it like Akira Kurosawa's brother made him stare at dead bodies after the Great Kanto Earthquake, the idea being to face fears. I always liked this philosophy, and yeah, it works, at least as far as my blood test. Just a little piece of metal in my arm, nothing monstrous.

I'm drinking coffee in the morning again. I still get this abdominal pain, but I'm thinking maybe my muscles were worn out. Or something.
#





writing:
Anelnoath
Venia's Travels
Boschen and Nesuko

links:
News
The Agonist
Crooks and Liars
The Guardian
The Japan Times
National Public Radio
The New York Times
The Onion

Blogs
Poppy Z Brite
Dame Darcy's Journal
Neil Gaiman
Caitlin R Kiernan
M'isa's Journal

Art and Entertainment
Tori Amos
David Bowie
The Cure
William Gibson
Martin Johnson
Karlsweb
Leia's Metal Bikini
Nebari.Net
Peanuts
Rasputina
Remotely Lame
Roger Ebert
Scott McCloud

Reference
Dictionary
Moviefone
Norse Mythology
Jeff Russell's Starship Dimensions (everyone needs this)
Tarot readings at Trusted Tarot.
World Clock(it's nifty!)

e-mail: setsuled@yahoo.com

Presenting Setsuled's blog . . .

Powered by Blogger