Friday, October 03, 2014

Nesuko Goes to the Movies With a Kukri

Happy birthday, Lena Headey, the new chapter of my web comic, The Casebook of Boschen and Nesuko, is online. This new chapter is the first eight pages of the twenty four page issue I'll hopefully be able to upload before midnight to-morrow, the final issue of Casebook.

I just realised to-day that August 25 was the tenth anniversary of the first chapter of The Adventures of Boschen and Nesuko--my blog entry from the time. I see I mention trying to make money off it at some point which is pretty funny now. I have no real idea how many people have read the comic though I would guess around a thousand. Nowadays, my blog, collectively in live journal and blogger form, seems to have more readers. I haven't had good numbers on my comic sites for years now, I would guess due to periods of inactivity coupled with the fact that Online Comics is gone and most of the web comic catalogue sites now seem to want fifteen dollars a month to get a comic listed. I can't say I blame them, running such sites can't be cheap, and it goes to the basic problem of most internet publications not really having any real way of making money. I long ago gave up any hope of that, I'm just glad people read and enjoy my work. It would be nice if there were a decent way of getting the word out, though.

I have fourteen pages to colour now, hopefully I'll have time for something else between now and to-morrow at midnight besides working on comic. I've been listening to Doctor Who audio plays and Ken Burns' famed series on the United States' Civil War--I have one episode left to listen to of that. It's an eight episode series, each episode is an hour and a half--I really haven't done much else besides work on my comic since Tuesday night when I finished the pencils. Mainly I've been inking and colouring.

Oh, since I talked about Twin Peaks yesterday, I ought to mention that to-day Twin Peaks co-creators David Lynch and Mark Frost simultaneously tweeted what looks like a tease for some future Twin Peaks content. I sure hope that's what it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment