Friday, October 17, 2014

Nesuko Watches

Happy birthday to Montgomery Clift and to Arthur Miller, the final free chapter of my web comic, The Casebook of Boschen and Nesuko, is now online, meaning you can now read the entire thing for free. Use it responsibly.

That's a scene featuring Montgomery Clift (along with Clark Gable, Eli Wallach, and Marilyn Monroe) from The Misfits, screenplay by Arthur Miller.

I had two really nice glasses of absinthe last night, I think I got the absinthe to sugar to water ratio just right, so maybe that explains the vivid, frightening dreams I had.

In the first, I was on a very flat world, a very flat orange sand island with a few dark, jagged brown hills under a greenish blue sky, and of course it was all surrounded by a dark, greenish sea. I was with a man and a woman and we were trying to escape from an infinite horde of zombies. The man and woman both got eaten pretty fast but I had some kind of jet ski I took out over the water. But the ocean was infinite and the zombies were swimming in the water, too, filling it completely.

In my second dream, I was told that due to some deficiencies recently discovered in my academic records, I was required to take nine high school classes every day for the rest of my life. I met some kind of sea goddess or demi-goddess played by Jean Marsh who took me to a small, shadowed lagoon on a remote island. She told me I could choose to take the classes or to be killed by her. I chose death and the last thing I saw before I woke up was her turning into a bear and attacking me. Well, let's hope I never have to make that choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment