Thursday, May 19, 2016

The Gateway Moth to Birds

This lovely spider was hanging on the wall outside my door a couple days ago. Hanging on my door was this moth:

Hanging around the courtyard below my sister's door down the hall was this teenage raven:

My sister had told me about this one a few days earlier. I'd already noticed two very large ravens hanging about--I'd notice them when they flew away so I'm guessing they were trying to divert attention. My sister also told me about a hummingbird who seemed to be acting as guardian for the young raven. I wasn't fast enough to get pictures of the hummingbird but it made a point of getting in my path when I was near the young raven.

Ravens and crows are so good at noticing something taking interest in them, it's hard to get pictures. This young fellow was already backing away even though I kept my distance.

No comments:

Post a Comment