Friday, March 31, 2017
      ( 6:48 PM ) posted by Setsuled  

Last night I read "BALLAD OF A CATAMITE REVOLVER", the new story by Caitlin R. Kiernan in the latest Sirenia Digest. It's a very nice cyberpunk noir vignette. A first person narrative told from the point of view of some kind of gangster making a trade with a glamorous, deadly woman during a, to say the least, experimental stage version of Echo and Narcissus, the story features Caitlin's wonderfully creative futuristic thug-speak. Clearly bearing the appreciable influence of David Bowie's Outside, the Coen Brothers' Miller's Crossing, and likely William Gibson in a more distant way, the lingo Caitlin crafts from her influences is ultimately, inimitably her own. A very nice work.

Here are some pictures I took at the beach a few days ago. I'm coming to the end of spring break during which I'd intended every day to get up before 11am but somehow usually awake around 12:30pm. I wasn't able to get myself anywhere, including the beach, much earlier than sunset.

I am naturally nocturnal. Oh, to have a life again where I could actually have that sleeping pattern. I don't seem to have much energy or mental acuity until at least two o'clock.

Finally, since I started this entry talking about the creator of Spyder Baxter, here's a lovely spider I saw on my bathroom wall about the size of a silver dollar:

#





writing:
Anelnoath
Venia's Travels
Boschen and Nesuko

links:
News
The Agonist
Crooks and Liars
The Guardian
The Japan Times
National Public Radio
The New York Times
The Onion

Blogs
Poppy Z Brite
Dame Darcy's Journal
Neil Gaiman
Caitlin R Kiernan
M'isa's Journal

Art and Entertainment
Tori Amos
David Bowie
The Cure
William Gibson
Martin Johnson
Karlsweb
Leia's Metal Bikini
Nebari.Net
Peanuts
Rasputina
Remotely Lame
Roger Ebert
Scott McCloud

Reference
Dictionary
Moviefone
Norse Mythology
Jeff Russell's Starship Dimensions (everyone needs this)
Tarot readings at Trusted Tarot.
World Clock(it's nifty!)

e-mail: setsuled@yahoo.com

Presenting Setsuled's blog . . .

Powered by Blogger