Friday, November 03, 2023

Do the Loki Motion with Me

Last night's Loki was the weakest of season two, being essentially filler. It also had one very weak point in the writing but, on the whole, I enjoyed it.

If I were superstitious, I'd say the episode was reading my mind. Sylvie ordered bourbons for herself and Loki at the same moment I was pouring myself some Wild Turkey. It also so happens I've been listening to The Velvet Underground a lot lately and last night had that lovely scene of Sylvie listening to "Oh! Sweet Nuthin'" as everything dissolved around her.

I also just recently watched Escape from Alcatraz and it turns out KC's real life was as one of those real life escapees.

It was fun seeing everyone's lives, particularly OB's. Ke Huy Quan is a constant delight.

The weak part of the episode is that Loki had just convinced everyone the universe depended on their cooperation before Sylvie convinced him it was all in his head, Mobious had, I suspect, the audience's reaction when Loki told him about it, understandably upset that Loki had just told him his children's lives were at stake. Honestly, it made Loki seem dumb and weak willed and Sylvie seem dumb and brutish.

The episode ends with Loki taking control of his time slipping. It would be kind of interesting if that's a permanent power he has in all MCU media moving forward though I doubt it will be. Or, who knows, maybe that'll be a crucial part of Deadpool 3.

Loki is available on Disney+.

No comments:

Post a Comment