Tuesday, November 14, 2023

Dreams and Music

Last night I dreamt I saved Ewan McGregor from a car accident. I think I was riding in the old red Aerostar my family had when I was a kid. We were on the freeway and it was flooding with muddy water flowing from behind us. Suddenly, a white sportscar raced through it, trying to get past us but it skidded sideways into a wall and stopped. Inside, I could see Ewan McGregor unconscious. I waded across the water and somehow managed to get his door open and lift his head above the rising water. He woke and wasn't grateful at all. He managed to get the car started and sped away. Movie stars!

I used to write about dreams all the time but haven't been remembering them lately. This week, I've been snacking before bed on some dark rye bread I made on Sunday and I've been remembering dreams every night. I also had a dream about going back to San Diego and somehow completely forgetting to bring the vests I usually wear these days.

Before bed last night, I found myself on another nostalgia trip, watching music videos from the '90s. Boy, music sure was good back then.

I was also in the mood for classic rock and found The Rolling Stones now have a pretty amazing official video for "Sympathy for the Devil".

X Sonnet #1789

The evening worms were blue to walk the dog.
She knew the meaning etched in fortune's check.
The scribbled night would pay the burning log.
What lovers hear across the evening deck.
Residing back before the denim wait.
Corrections crack the shield before the doll.
In triumph turtles take the bat for bait.
A billion clowns could fill the lurid mall.
Revolving tricks are nothing new again.
If boredom blanks the mind, the mirror soothes.
Entire buildings use her single pen.
The crickets' noises never stopped her moves.
The river rose for roads and rusty cars.
A plan was made to summon dreams to Mars.

No comments:

Post a Comment