Monday, April 28, 2008

I got about halfway through my paper last night, which was only something like 500 words. And I didn't have to write the play it's about. Like I said; cakewalk.

I also worked on my project and caught the new episode of Code Geass, which was even better than the last one. And I watched the newly fan-subbed Zoku Sayonara Zetsubo Sensei, the twelfth episode. Just one more before the end of the season and I'll be left in despair.

I told Dragoness I'd post the episode that introduces Kaere Kimura, the blonde student. It's the third episode of the first season and it also introduces Maria, the illegal immigrant girl. According to Wikipedia*, this episode is, "a pastiche of parodies about foreigners and Japanese attitudes concerning them." I love the layering of meta that a "pastiche of parodies" implies, though I'm pretty sure this episode is simply a parody. I suppose a pastiche of a parody might be an opera based on Spaceballs? Maybe Spamalot? Anyway, here's the episode;



Yesterday I dreamt I was on a cruise ship, far out at sea at a night with flashing blue storm clouds and wind pushing the big ship about. Marilyn Monroe was leaning over a railing and her head fell off to get caught in a spider web of rigging stretched across a curiously obtuse slope of hull. Some guys in rain slickers nearby shrugged and said they'd reattach her head when we put into to port before continuing their conversation, but I couldn't help feeling concerned. I wasn't convinced Marilyn would be fixed simply by reattaching her head, but I figured if there was even a chance, it'd have to be done soon. So I carefully started climbing down the rigging, but I woke up before I reached Marilyn's head.

Now I'm off to do stuff . . .

*Is Wikipedia "Wikipaedia" in Britain?

No comments:

Post a Comment