Friday, April 11, 2008



So now I'm 29. Oh, well.

Last night I went to play chess again in Second Life, but the Lady of the chess land I go to invited me to attend some kind of geisha show, so I went and watched three pretty girls in kimonos recite Japanese poetry and stories. It was pretty nice.

I also watched Ugetsu again, and of course there was more work on the Thing. Class discussion on Paradise Lost yesterday revolved around the concept of free will and how it's treated in Books 1 and 2, a topic of discussion for which I was clearly, I think to everyone, over-prepared to discuss.

Anyway. Still feeling a bit washed out to-day.

I hate sauerkraut
That's all I'm really tryin' to say
And, by the way, if one day you happen to wake up
And find yourself in an existential quandary
Full of loathing and self-doubt
And wracked with the pain and isolation of your pitiful meaningless existence
At least you can take a small bit of comfort in knowing that
Somewhere out there in this crazy mixed-up universe of ours
There's still a little place called
Albuquerque

--"Weird Al" Yankovic

No comments:

Post a Comment