Friday, September 17, 2004

Nesuko's ship, the Raithuras, will make an appearance in the next Boschen and Nesuko chapter, so I've been tearing apart my closet looking for the schematics of the thing I made in high school at some point. I considered drawing up some new ones but, the truth is, I don't have as much of a taste for such almost mindless mathematical endeavours as I used to. High-school-me liked putting together plastic models of spaceships and drawing endless maps and schematics. I haven't been in that mindset for so long that I look back at these old things and I marvel that I actually devoted such time to getting precise measurements and adding all kinds of little details. Actually, I think I didn't so much fall out of that mindset as I did transfer it--to writing, especially to the writing of characters. But now I'm hoping me-of-the-past and me-of-the-present can forge a fruitful partnership.

I've found the starboard, dorsal, and cutaway drawings, but I'd very much like to find the one where I detailed the Raithuras's strange, somewhat silly, atmospheric flight system . . .

I had this very vivid dream the other night. In it, Tim and I were at a music store in El Cajon. There was a skinny girl with bright, dyed red hair who was giving me nervous looks. Finally she asked me to draw something on her chest, which I did. I asked her out, she said yes, but still seemed like she had something else on her mind. Tim and I went outside and discovered my car'd been stolen. A large man with a messy pony tail, a Van Dyke, and a pointy scalp, nervously approached and asked me not to go out with the girl because he was in love with her. I shrugged and said, "Okay."

No comments:

Post a Comment