Wednesday, September 01, 2004

Watched an episode of Ducktales a few minutes ago. I had a revelation.

Scrooge McDuck says he's happy to have Launchpad back. Launchpad asks if he's still gonna get a raise.

Scrooge says, "I was already paying you twice what you're worth!"

Launchpad says, "All right, Mr. McD. I'll come back to work for you only on the condition that you pay me half of what you were paying me before."

And they shake hands.

When I was a kid, I never got the joke even though I saw the episode over and over. Which probably goes to show you what my math grades looked like. Anyway, this morning, I saw and understood.

After Ducktales was an episode of The New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh (I was watching Toon Disney). I want a show that gives you that same, sweet, pastel, adventurous feel as Pooh, except with a lot of blood and horrendous violence. Before Toon Disney, I was watching Taxi Driver.

These are the kinds of things my brain can do at 5am. I'll get back to you when I'm fully brain certified again . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment