Friday, January 04, 2008

I'm basically happy that Barrack Obama did well yesterday. I've mostly been for Hilary Clinton, mainly because she seems to be able to answer any question she's asked and really sounds like she knows what she's talking about, while Obama usually struggles and says something shiny. But his record on the war is better than Clinton's. His health care plan is better than Clinton's, though he still shies from free universal health care. We really need to get past this--we live in a country where Paris Hilton exists, yet people insist it's unfair to tax the American people to the extent needed to fund free universal health care. People making these arguments aren't necessarily dumb, there's just something wrong with them.

I saw a friend of mine recently get rosy again talking about Ron Paul. I really don't know how this guy has suckered so many people. Well, I kind of do--he has a great marketing campaign, targeting the interestingly large demographic of greedy young people. I understand he has a huge following on World of Warcraft. I guess there are a lot of guys who think, "The government can't tell me what to do with all this gold I spent days performing repetitive tasks to acquire so that I might perform other repetitive tasks!" World of Warcraft might be making the perfect capitalist work horses. Who'd have thought the nightmare of extreme capitalism would've looked so much like the nightmare of extreme communism?

No comments:

Post a Comment