Sunday, March 30, 2008

I did end up getting a lot done last night. I drew two maps while listening to Paul Schrader's commentary for Taxi Driver, and now I've drawn all the maps I'm going to need. They're all maps of entire nations or continents. I thought about doing maps of towns and cities, but I figured I oughta leave myself a little room to be expressionistic.

Then I had a glass of Jameson and spent time digging music posted by Moira. So I downloaded Ella Fitzgerald's Complete Songbooks. Am currently listening to the first Cole Porter section.

I don't have too much else to say, which I think is a sign of how much my head's finally settling into my work. Everyone's sharing YouTube music lately, so this might be a good time to reciprocate. But my imagination's flatlining to-day . . . Um . . . Here's another Haruhi Suzumiya clip;



Oh, I think I finally understand iambs. Paul Schrader mentioned "Travis Bickle" is iambic and, after having several classes where the concept was taught to me, I only just now get it. I so fail at poetry.

No comments:

Post a Comment