Wednesday, July 16, 2008

I drank a bottle of wine last night, for once. I don't usually see much point in wine since I know it doesn't keep, and I have to drink a lot more of it to get the same effect as one scotch. Both of those elements add up to me figuring I may as well finish off the bottle in one go. Somehow, I was in the mood; well, and it was exciting to buy wine from Francis Ford Coppola's vineyard. I had the pinot noir, and it was pretty good.

I lost a game of chess to a Maori while I was drinking it. But maybe that was inevitable.

I got the INLAND EMPIRE soundtrack yesterday, and I'm really enjoying it. It's weird having a David Lynch movie soundtrack that doesn't feature Angelo Badalamenti--most of the original music is by Lynch himself--but there are nonetheless stylistic similarities, similarities I don't find in Badalamenti's work outside of his David Lynch projects (such as the soundtrack for Secretary or the theme from Inside the Actor's Studio). I'm wondering if things like the eerie, isolated bass were Lynch's idea all along.

Here's another great soundtrack featuring Polish composers, too. I still need to do some real investigation of that scene.

No comments:

Post a Comment