Monday, July 21, 2008

I drew and inked from around 5pm 'til 3:30am. I'll be doing something similar to-day, though hopefully I'll finish earlier since I don't have to go to the grocery store. If I do finish earlier, I'll try to catch up on the colouring.

As I've mentioned, I'm doing this comic a chapter ahead, which means I've had the next chapter ready since last week. The one I'm working on now isn't going to be online until more than two weeks from now. So I suppose I could put this off until next week, when I'd have to work like mad on it, but I really don't want it hanging over my head at Comic-Con.

In case anyone's wondering if I'm going to be trying to promote my comic at the Con; not really. I might make myself some cards, but after three years of trying to make headway at the Con, I've kind of figured out what a long shot it really is. The Con is too much of a zoo.

I'm currently eating my oatmeal, and I could be colouring at the same time, so I'd better get to it. I'll leave you with another sonnet;


Pin the Tail on the Donkey

Beads in a brass bucket rolling around
Grinding dice in your idle fist all night
You'd make a mountain before you'd make sound
Or a mutant molehill to drain all light
You field strip your rifle and remake it
Into a shotgun, a shattered wide blast
For the damaged door where nothing would fit
Hoping to connect and seal, blind and fast
But there's a mythological gagged duck
You know is stuck in a tree you can't see
No matter how many places you've struck
The damned duck won't die and he's not set free
Hours crawl 'til night gets bigger than day
Each dawn reveals what you still need to say

No comments:

Post a Comment