Wednesday, July 23, 2008

I've uploaded Chapter 4 of Venia's Travels a couple days early. Mostly because I don't know when I'll have time to do it again within the next couple days. I'm going to the Con at 8:30am to-morrow and staying until well into the night. This blog might also be pretty quiet for a few days, but I promise detailed accounts next week.

Incidentally, if you see anything on the Comic Con schedule you'd like me to see and blog about in detail for you, let me know.

I ended up not seeing the pilot for J.J. Abrams' Fringe, though I easily could have. There were only a few hundred people lined up for it an hour beforehand and that's well within ballroom 20's capacity. But I decided I'd rather beat the rush to the trolley and get back here to colour.

As I walked passed the Fringe line, I noticed the end of another line going in the opposite direction. Twenty people in, people were sitting down and chatting, and I thought to myself, "I bet this isn't a line for anything. I bet a bunch of people just decided to sit down in a line and these lemmings back here just got behind them." Sure enough, I walked around the corner and saw the end of the thing was no room or special roped off area, just an end to the people. And you know, I bet almost none of the people queued up for Fringe really gave a damn about the show. They were just looking for something to do to-day. What the hell's it gonna take to get people to extend the Con to more than four days?

On my way to the trolley, I saw a guy with a knapsack who looked like he was seventy years old, dressed as I suspect he was dressed at the 1972 Comic-Con; sneakers, jeans, and a button down chequered shirt.

Anyway, I'd better eat dinner and try to get some sleep. Again, the new Venia's Travels is online. I swear I wrote it before I saw The Dark Knight.

No comments:

Post a Comment