Monday, January 12, 2009

Live from the Scuba Tank

I feel a little more focused to-day. I think part of the problem was that I was drinking in the morning mild roast coffee when I've been used to drinking extra bold. Last night I bought some Italian roast, and it was a nice thing this morning. Still feel a bit dizzy, though. The attempt to alter my sleeping schedule might be part of it, too.

I did wake up at 2pm to-day, having gone to bed at 4am, so that's probably a little over eight hours. Hopefully it helps.

I had a dream that was sort of a cross between Revolutionary Girl Utena and Hayate no Gotoku (Hayate the Combat Butler). I was training to be a butler for a woman whose manor took up a third of Santee. I was wearing a suit that sort of looked like Utena's boy's uniform. There were barricades set up at intervals in the streets, and part of my training was to drive through these without slowing down and without any damage to my vehicle. I was told this was something everyone else was capable of doing and I was deficient for being unable to do it.

Last night was a pretty uneventful evening. After some lunch at my parents' house, I went to The Living Room and read while drinking a latte and eating a croissant.

I tried a bunch of different things to clear away the cobwebs. I sang David Bowie's "Life on Mars?" really loud while driving. It seemed to help. I bought some microwave vegetable lasagne because I thought it would also help for some reason. I think it did.

No comments:

Post a Comment