Saturday, January 17, 2009

That's Our Cylon!

I went to Denny's for breakfast to-day and sat there reading for several hours before going back to my car and finding I'd missed a call from my sister asking if I wanted to get some frozen yoghurt. A whole bunch of things have actually been cropping up for to-day, so I'm pretty short on time here.

I watched the ninth episode of Battlestar Galactica last night, directed by Edward James Olmos and featuring an oddly bouncy score telling me I was supposed to find the suspicion of Cylons in the midst to be quirky on this occasion. I rather liked how Starbuck wasn't particularly grossed out by Gaius masturbating in front of her, and I suppose the pilots must be pretty used to seeing and hearing one another beating off in their bunks. Actually, with spacious co-ed bathrooms and strict rules against romantic entanglements, it's kind of amazing there's not rampant insubordination, or at least people going completely out of their minds. And then we have the colonel in that episode all but giving his wife head in a corridor. Drama, drama, drama.

And so Gaius didn't report that Boomer's a Cylon. And he may be withholding information on whether the colonel's wife's a Cylon. Why? What does he gain in either case? I hope there's a real reason and it's not just sloppy writing. It's a bit disappointing to see that Ronald D. Moore doesn't have sole writing credit for another episode until the end of the second season, and even after that he seems to be pretty hands off. He's by far been the best writer so far.

Gods, that woman playing the colonel's wife has ugly feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment