Sunday, March 21, 2010

Do Vampires Need Health Care?

Last night's tweets;

Claws gently caress your front fanny pack.
Rotary dials died in plastic jaws.
Antennae dwell too long on what they lack.
Hand bestiality begins with paws.


After spending all day hanging out with Trisa, who's in town visiting for a few days, I came back to discover Obama's Health Care Bill passed. I wish my keyboard could produce a random, ambiguous, unpronounceable symbol, because that's the only way I can think to articulate my feelings about it. On the one hand, it's bill whose only strength is rooted in a Nixonian ideology centred on empowering insurance agencies, and the bill also features the seeds of a pro-life device to prevent women from being able to pay for abortions. On the other hand, as Robert Reich points out, it's the most Democrats have accomplished in decades, and the political capital from such a victory may lead to better things in the future. I guess the only thing I can say for sure is that we are a sad, sad country.

But, in better news, the sample for the Rifftrax of New Moon has been put on YouTube.



"It doesn't make sense for you to love me" - Bella

"The Twilight series summed up in nine words." - Mike Nelson

No comments:

Post a Comment