Friday, March 12, 2010

Sweet Old Hellscapes

Last night's tweets;

The tacos to-day forgot Mexico.
George Washington is drowning in coffee.
Hope lives on in Gunbuster's Noriko.
Heavier than Prince's discography.


To-day I think I'm really going to see the new Alice in Wonderland. I'm all screwed up with determination. I was planning on going to the Wild Animal Park again to-day, but I stayed up too late last night. I had a glass of Glenlivet and went on Second Life, where Natalie watched me lose a chess game. I didn't mind losing, it was at least an interesting game and I was pleased by my scotch.

There's not much else to say about yesterday. I didn't have time to watch anything, but I drove around a bit and read a lot. Mostly just enjoying not having to work like mad to get my comic ready on time--remember, new Venia's Travels to-day.

With breakfast to-day, I watched the newest Baka to Test to Shokanju. It continues to be good, but while I started out liking it better than Dance in the Vampire Bund, Dance in the Vampire Bund has pulled into the lead in my view, which was why I was disappointed to see the newest episode hasn't been subtitled yet. I am glad to see they finally finished the end credits animation, which seems to be an extension of the Mike Mignola homage Shinbo did for the final Zoku Sayonara Zetsubo Sensei ending theme;





Which further confirms for me that Zoku Sayonara Zetsubo Sensei was essentially Shibo's playground to develop many of the different styles he would go on to use in subsequent series. But, fuck, it would be great if there were an actual whole series using this Mignola style. Like, for instance, a Hellboy series. I wish someone would show these to the powers that be in the Hellboy universe and say make the Hellboy animated films look like this!.

No comments:

Post a Comment