Thursday, August 26, 2010

Venia and Games



The new Venia's Travels is online. At four hundred sixty four pages, it's now as long as Boschen and Nesuko. And there are still at least four chapters to go. I'm particularly proud of this chapter, so please check it out.

I haven't had time for much else to-day, although I wasn't particularly behind on the chapter. I had a lunch of taquitos and a quesadilla I made with corn tortillas and jalapeƱos. I couldn't eat anything spicy when I had the UTI and I'm still kind of reintroducing myself to flavour--I used to be all about jalapeƱos. They taste sweet now.

I heard Talking Heads' "Road to Nowhere" at the grocery store last night after hearing "Stay Up Late" at the coffee shop. "Stay Up Late" is off Little Creatures and is such an unlikely song to hear on one of the mixes piped into stores--there aren't many popular songs about making your infant stay up all night. And it was just odd hearing so much Talking Heads in one day.

Then I remembered Jennifer Aniston mentioning Talking Heads in passing on The Daily Show a little while ago and I wondered if I'd gotten a little peek into how the pop programming mind works.

No comments:

Post a Comment