Thursday, August 16, 2012

Surprise Haze

I feel like I have a hangover but I haven't had alcohol in days, which is so unfair. I don't know what it is. I think it could only have partly to do with the fact that I probably got less sleep than I remember. It's one of those occasions where my alarm went off eight hours after I went to bed and only some time later do I start to recall periods of being awake throughout the night. But I'm unaccountably foggy and clumsy for that. It's a good thing all's I got is colouring to do to-day. Yesterday I powered through pencilling and inking the last three pages of Echo Erosion. Now I just gotta colour them, which should take eight or nine hours.

It's pretty scary what's happening with Julian Assange. It is possible the guy really is a rapist, but it's awfully suspicious that it became a criminal proceeding, equivalent to being actually charged, only after Assange had left Sweden. And it's equally strange Ecuador can't get a promise from Sweden that Assange won't be extradited to the U.S. if handed over to Sweden. It's looking like of the U.S., U.K., Sweden, and Ecuador, Ecuador has the most honest government in the room.

The idea is repugnant on so many levels--a man's exposing corruption in government is responded to by an exploitation of ambiguous laws regarding sexual assault. Though, again, maybe he is a rapist. But if so, what would Ecuador have to gain by harbouring him?

Twitter Sonnet #416

Stalin germinates the natal wombat.
Damaged jello loses transparency.
Restricted camels memorise a cat.
Prison zebras repel all clemency.
Earthquake sandwiches must stagger the bread.
Nervous armchairs cherish no recumbent.
Uniform foreheads herald the bland stead.
Ghostly octopi absorb the trident.
Tempered lawns withstand rainy gnome thoughts.
Unravelled lanterns rent green bottle coke.
Puzzled printers plainly blitz grated dots.
Latex eyebrows resist the soap sun-soak.
Alkaline alley-oops elevate souls.
Tea drenched handkerchiefs energise all holes.

No comments:

Post a Comment