Friday, October 21, 2016

Dreams and Costumes

I had a really vivid dream last night--I was living in a nice home on top of a tall, human-made cliff of stones by the sea--the cliff looked like old Roman walls. The house looked a bit like James Mason's house from the end of North by North West. I was very conscious of the fact that I could only live there because several people had been murdered. I had a tin bath tub filled with water and a young man lay at the bottom of the tub looking up. There was a snail and an a hairless kitten the size of the snail crawling about on the edge of the tub. I had another dream, too, but I can't remember it.

I blame the NyQuil. But at least I didn't feel as sick to-day. I wish I could say the same for half the people at the university. Everyone got sick and of course everyone just had to deal with it and go to school anyway. I bet the Halloween candy I've been eating lately hadn't helped either. I've been sort of toying with the idea of dressing up for Halloween this year, especially since I have class that day. But I don't think I can afford to do it properly. It occurred to me I have almost everything I'd need to dress as Dirk Bogarde from the end of Death in Venice--I have the hat, slacks, and tie, but I'd have to get new shoes, a detachable shirt collar, and a new vest. Plus I'd have to dye my hair and get a good false moustache. If I can't do it right I just don't want to do it at all. Maybe I can think of something simpler.

Twitter Sonnet #924

In treble jalapenos eyes assess.
Important shears alert the hair to fate.
When fortune says, "Neighbours, do not redress,"
There's buckets bound for space to fill and rate.
In cases wet with primitive white paint
A dousing wand erupts in snakes for show.
Graffiti won't select a god or saint.
The shoes were tied without the sneezing blow.
The speaking parts put up atop the bridge.
Hallucinations short the circuit's site.
The number parsed in feet along the ridge.
They bivouacked beyond the callous blight.
The wheels in solid colours pass the ice.
A single moon orbits the fountain twice.

No comments:

Post a Comment