Tuesday, October 18, 2016

Two Dreams

I feel like it's been a while since I wrote about my dreams. Last night I dreamt I was trapped in a trolley, like the San Diego red trolleys, travelling endlessly over vast green fields. I could see two other trolleys on other tracks that were gradually diverging from the course of my trolley's track.

I woke up and when I went back to sleep I dreamt a new movie was coming out featuring Christian Bale as Bruce Wayne but it was a romantic comedy. There was a triangle between him, Selena Kyle, and the version of Rachel Dawes played by Katie Holmes, who is revealed to have been a different person from the Rachel played by Maggie Gyllenhaal in The Dark Knight. Bruce has some kind of goofy science experiment cooked up and at one point Selena and Rachel are in baroque costumes and sing the "Poor Fool, He Makes Me Laugh" song from Andrew Lloyd Webber's Phantom of the Opera.

Twitter Sonnet #923

Venetian pounds in bloodless cubes embark.
In merchantmen, in courses winding long.
Gibraltar watched the vacant corsair's lark.
In holds the eyes of guests are numbered strong.
In orlop gloom, a stumbling slops collapsed.
Too bright, a candle jitters out the glass.
A froth impressed a thought outside relapsed.
Neglected hulls careened with briny mass.
The storming curtains lick forsaken rails.
Barrage of ice incites the yards to shake.
A spray o'ertakes the night in punished gales.
The rocks align to fell what sea would take.
But careless frigates sway and dip through rolls.
Her arms extend from masts 'neath pallid gulls.

No comments:

Post a Comment