Friday, June 23, 2023

The Best Summer Friends

It's getting hot around here and humid. That means lots of bugs so I'm trying to court friends like this:

I never got a decent photo of this hefty huntsman spider who was bigger than my fist though I had plenty of up close and personal encounters with it. I was watching a movie a few nights ago and paused it to get up to pee. Turning to my right, I found this fellow sitting beside me, facing the screen as though enjoying Dream Lover right along with me. Maybe I should've said, "His name's James Spader, not James Spider."

I spotted him a couple more times before I finally trapped him in my bathroom. I left my bathroom window open and the next day he was gone. I hope he's patrolling the perimeter outside my apartment. Here's a smaller spider I saw on a tree in the park by my building:

No comments:

Post a Comment