Wednesday, February 14, 2024

My Irritating Copilot

I'm short on time this morning because Microsoft decided to install some AI bullshit called "Copilot" that triggers my internet provider, Softbank, to throttle my bandwidth so it's a struggle to get anything to load right now. I have to use data on my phone to get websites to load with any usable speed and mostly I've just been searching for ways to disable or remove copilot. I've found a lot of contradictory answers, none of which have worked, including right clicking on the Copilot icon and asking it to hide the button. Right clicking it does nothing, it seems to think I'm just right clicking on the task bar. It sure feels more like a virus than a feature, though I suppose many of these problems are due to it being a Windows 11 programme that's forced itself on my Windows 10. I have tiny grains of time I have to sift through carefully every morning before I head to work and this Copilot mess has dumped them like so much sand. Now I know I'm going to have to squander time after work on this. It's depressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment