Monday, February 17, 2003

I have an irrationally good feeling about to-day.

I feel like I might even get something done, like I'll somehow break away from the opium den-like haze of my current Morrowind obsession.

Yes, friends. That's why I haven't posted in a little while. Morrowind. Oh. Morrowind. Morrowind that I played from 4pm Saturday 'til 6am Sunday. Morrowind that I played from 11:30pm Sunday 'til 5am Monday . . .

On Saturday, before starting with Morrowind, I bade myself to type up around 2000 words in my novel in the hopes that all the time I knew I was about to be spending on that game wouldn't make me feel so discusting.

It didn't work. I wrote the words, but I still felt discusting.

I have to find a way to turn this to my advantage . . . I'm thinking I'll impose a rule. True, I've never been very good at acknowledging rules in daily practice, but I'm gonna try this one. It may be my last hope.

And the rule is this:

No Morrowind before 11:30pm, and only if I've gotten some writing done.

But like I said, I have an irrationally good feeling about to-day, so who knows?

No comments:

Post a Comment