Sunday, September 16, 2007

Now that Eastern Promises seems to be on top of the world, I keep seeing people referring to Cronenberg as a director previously best known for his horror movies of the 70s. Am I crazy, or were Scanners, Videodrome, and The Fly, all movies from the 80s, actually Cronenberg's best known films?

In any case, I'm dying to see Eastern Promises. It sounds like History of Violence, only better. Cronenberg seems to have a real knack for violent gangster pictures. I just hope he hasn't completely abandoned movies about people with alien perversions and bizarre, malevolent physical maladies.

Elsewhere in Viggo Mortensen news, did everyone catch Aragorn on The Colbert Report*? I want a Narsil.

*It's nice to see Comedy Central has a slightly more sensible way to view videos now. It was annoying when Viacom got huffy about YouTube and then forced us to wade through that stupid Motherlode bog.

No comments:

Post a Comment