Wednesday, March 19, 2008

A great deal of time was spent by me in Second Life last night, as well as about fifteen dollars. But I sure got a lot of nice things.

The clothing festival thing I talked about is the Relay for Life of Second Life - Fashion Fair hosted by a group called Rezzable. Apparently this was about raising money for the American Cancer Society. Most vendors had special items or entire outfits designed exclusively for the event, the proceeds from which were entirely donated to the ACS. And a percentage of all the profits were donated to the ACS. Looks like they've raised over 11,000 dollars so far. In one day.

I don't know much about the ACS, but I do like to think I know good clothes, and trust me, there are plenty there. And lots of exclusive free clothes, too (freebies), a lot of which were actually of very good quality. Mostly free things in Second Life end up being things you're embarrassed to wear.

I didn't take any pictures because I spent so much time just sorting through everything. Maybe to-morrow.

Anyway, I'll now say again I really like Caitlin R. Kiernan's writing. She needs money these days, for medical expenses, and, I presume, to combat this wicked world. And I'm starting to get the hint that she wants people to post this in their blogs.

Here's where you can buy some of her best books, and if you do, you'll be glad you did;

Daughter of Hounds

Silk

Threshold

Low Red Moon

Murder of Angels

Tales of Pain and Wonder


Anyway, I only just realised that Easter is almost here. My favourite Easter movie? Ikiru;

No comments:

Post a Comment