Sunday, January 19, 2003

I saw Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets to-day with Trisa and I ruled that it was almost as good as Clash of the Titans.

Seriously, it wasn't bad. Chris Columbus made a bunch of miscalculations of course, but the fact that he's so timid with any sort of "identifiable style" as my friend Marty put it, at least made it so that the screenplay pretty much stood out from it.

The biggest miscalculation, I feel, was the need to make the ending feel Super Completely Grandiose. The most enjoyable part of the story was just this idea of the kids having a cool little series of adventures in their school. It's as if Chris Columbus was trying to take something that was like a fun detective or Uncle Scrooge serial and turn it into an opera.

I am extremely tired now for having gotten up early again so I think I shall now sleep.

Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment