Saturday, January 04, 2003

I’m pretty tired. And I haven’t gotten nearly as much work done as I had intended for the day.

Certainly not as much work as I got done on Thursday night/Friday morning, when I went five hours straight, Getting Things Done whilst listening to the eighty dollars worth of Tom Waits albums I’d purchased on Thursday. That was money quite well spent.

Uck. It’s not even 4am yet and already I’m tired. What on earth is wrong with me anyway? I guess I’ll go to bed and read awhile--something else I dinna do to-day that I’ve a lot of to do. I’m currently about a third of the way through Caitlín R Kiernan’s Silk, which is wonderfully involving for the naturalness of the vision Kiernan puts on. Not to mention the fact that most of the main attractive characters share my taste in music almost identically.

Aside from Silk I also have three or four seductive stacks comprised of Edgar Allan Poe, Ursula K. LeGuin, Raymond Chandler, Arther Conan Doyle, Poppy Z Brite, Charles Bukowski, Jack Kerouac, Marquis de Sade, H.P. Lovecraft, Angela Carter, and Jean Paul Sartre, just to name a few.

What I need is another day like the one where a cat jumped on me and prevented me from moving for twelve or so hours and I managed to read Shirley Jackson’s We Have Always Lived in the Castle in it’s entirety.

So. If I wasn’t working to-day . . . and I wasn’t reading . . . what was I doing?

Well I watched Peter Jackson’s Heavenly Creatures for one thing. What an incredible movie. A fantastic movie. (I love how Pauline said, “fantastic”).

Hm. Just had a strange moment there where I utterly forgot where the left parenthesis was on the keyboard . . . er . . . too much root beer . . .

Anyway, ‘twas my first time seeing the movie in two or three years, ever since I donated my tape copy to an abstract and hopeless cause. And my first time ever seeing it in widescreen, which improved the thing tremendously.

I also bought coffee to-day . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment