Wednesday, April 02, 2008



"Hey, man," says Toubanua. "Give peace a chance." She also wants to know if you'd like to buy some grass.

I did spare an hour for Second Life last night. I worked until around 2am, wondering why I felt like I was shoving progress through Martian styrofoam, and I remembered I'd only gotten four hours of sleep on Tuesday. So I wrapped things up and went grocery shopping.

To-day, I finished downloading the Maison Ikkoku television series. I'd been looking for it forever, but no one seemed to care enough about it to upload it. But I finally managed to download all 96 episodes.

I loved the manga. Judging by the first episode, the television series is inferior, mostly due to the director's really awful sense of timing. But otherwise, it's incredibly faithful to the manga, so there were moments when it shined. Hopefully, either the director gets replaced or gets better in later episodes.

The series was supposedly extremely popular in its 1986-1988 Japanese run, so it must have done something right.

It's time to post another Morrissey video;



So I guess he prefers Barack Obama? I see Morrissey finally has an official web site, featuring a video for "That's How People Grow Up". It's the first time I've heard the studio version of the song--I can't wait for the new album to come out. Tony Visconti's producing again, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment