Saturday, December 22, 2007

I have a bit of a sore throat to-day, though it could be worse; I saw Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street last night. What a very sweet movie. I have no exposure to the musical, but the movie was thoroughly excellent on its own merits. It's not just a tale about the folly of vengeance--it takes the time to note that vengeance can be very, very satisfying. One could argue Todd's problem was his single-mindedness. Though, of course that same single-mindedness also saved him from another bad fate.

I guess I need to update my movie rankings already. I jump the gun every damn year--I need to add Sweeney Todd and Enchanted--it was kind of strange that Timothy Spall played essentially the same character in both movies.

I did not get enough sleep--maybe it's the sore throat. Anyway, I need to start getting up earlier again because I'm leaving with my family on a cruise on Monday. South to Mexico or thereabouts.

Wake up, wake up . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment