Tuesday, February 11, 2003

Dreamt I was driving lost in the middle-of-no-where beautiful countryside. Lush forests and brilliant green hills and little dirt roads through the trees that were so thick and tall you couldn't see far around most turns.

I came across a combination Inn/Barnes & Noble/coffee shop--not Starbucks, but a place decorated with a lot of gorgeous translucent, glimmering emerald material. I desperately wanted a coffee, so I went inside.

The coffee shop was loaded with frantic people ordering from the bar, the scene reminiscent of what one would imagine Wall Street looked like when the stock market crashed--complete with period costumes.

Working the bar was just one cute, chubby Japanese woman wearing blue jeans and a flannel shirt tied at the middle. She speedily took everyone's orders and brought them their coffees. That is, until I got to the bar. At that point she took out a microphone and began singing.

The songs were cheerful and energetic. I don't remember any of the lyrics. The crowd seemed very pleased.

When she finished her set, she began answering questions from the audience.

She revealed that she was probably going to start working in the quarry, to prove she was as tough as any man. When a guy somewhere to the right yelled out in protest, that she oughtn't endanger herself rashly, she ignored him.

Pointing another guy in the crowd, she informed him that he had a little food on his face by gesturing at her own face.

I then realised that she had chocolate all over her face, as though she'd been stuffing herself with chocolate chip cookies. I wondered why I hadn't noticed this before.

I called out her name, and when she looked at me, I silently drew circles around my own mouth until she got the idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment