Monday, February 10, 2003

I . . . went with Trisa and saw Rasputina this evening. It was a really great show and I got to meet Melora Creagor, and she was really sweet . . .

But I can't think about it right now. Because every last piece of me is still in an utter numb, awesome, drenching, electricuting depression having just discovered a few moments ago that, with the exception of certain Windows system files, every .bmp, .txt, .htm, .zip, and .exe file on the computer was deleted while I was away.

The scope of this is so huge that I can barely comprehend it myself. txt files that contained hundreds of poems and letters and e-mails I've received and written, bmps of drawings I did years ago that are irreplacable, exe files for programmes I'll never be able to get again . . . zip files containing . . . oh gods, my mind shrinks from pondering it.

My only consolation is that doc files were miraculously preserved from this hellfire, so my novels and novellas and short stories are all in tact.

But I've lost a lot this night . . .

I think I shall crawl into bed now and not emerge for a very long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment