Saturday, February 01, 2003

A few minutes ago, I discovered Lucky the cat sitting in the kitchen sink, drinking from a metal pan filled with soapy water. Realising that it would probably make him sick, I gently made it clear to him that he wasn’t to continue drinking from this cache he had found.

It took me a few moments to realise why Lucky was choosing to drink from this pan rather than from his own water dish upstairs.

In fact, I found the cats’ water dish to be completely full—it looked as if no cat had drank from it all day.

The reason; all three cats are accustomed to drinking from Hershey the dog’s water dish, which has gone with Hershey and my aunt to my aunt’s mother’s house in Arizona. For four days.

I’m really not sure how to resolve this situation. I welcome suggestions . . .

My grandmother forbids the cats from using any people dishes (although I did, just a moment ago, fill such a bowl with water and hold it up to Lucky’s face until he had his fill). And I can’t think of where I might find an alternate container this evening that I can place in the spot where Hershey’s bowl is usually found.

I could move the cats’ actual dish downstairs, except I’m not wholly sure that Olivia the cat doesn’t use it upstairs since she hates coming downstairs.

It’s a complex dilemma. And I want only to sleep.

To-morrow, I guess I’ll buy another water dish . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment