Monday, May 19, 2008

I did five or six drawings of all my new characters before I settled on anything, but I was happy with the first drawing of my half-gorgon;



Try and guess what famous actress I modelled her after. I'll be really impressed if you do as she didn't come out looking especially similar. Here's a hint; by guessing the actress, you'll easily be able to guess the species of my character's father.

I haven't filled in the details of the snakes yet. Does anyone know off the top of their head what snakes are indigenous to Greece? Wikipedia's being coy about it.

I listened to Ridley Scott's commentary to the new Blade Runner cut while drawing. The guy's gotten a lot chattier since his Alien and Legend commentaries; he seems to've learned the importance of avoiding dead air. He'd ramble on and on about random things at times.

He talked about how it was Harrison Ford's idea to affect a "Jerry Lewis" voice when he meets Zhora. Scott said Ford told him Humphrey Bogart had done something similar in one of his movies. "What film would that be . . . ?" mused Scott for a moment, and I couldn't help saying out loud, "The Big Sleep". I repeated it a couple times, but Scott wouldn't listen.

Here's one of my favourite bits from The Big Sleep, which actually just follows the scene in question;



And while YouTubeing, I thought this was an interesting pairing of songs;



Finally, buy some Caitlin R. Kiernan books;

Daughter of Hounds

Silk

Threshold

Low Red Moon

Murder of Angels

Tales of Pain and Wonder

No comments:

Post a Comment