Wednesday, May 14, 2008

I managed to wait until 10:30 to make my martini. Well, partly it was just that I knew getting the crushed ice would create a lot of noise and I didn't think I oughta wait until my grandmother was trying to sleep. Anyway, I was happy to discover that I make a fantastic vodka martini. Maybe a little too much of it; I felt like I put in too much vermouth so I added a lot of vodka and ended up filling my goblet to the brim. But it was so good. I had to slow myself--gulping a martini just didn't seem the thing to do.

Extra martini, to me, demands extra olives, so I gave it three. Olives are one of the truly great things about a martini. They're like dessert.

So I somehow managed to write what I needed to write with the martini. Three concise paragraphs where I thought I was going to need eight. Looking at it this afternoon, thinking I was going to have to edit it at least a little, I found only a single word I wanted to change.

I've noticed inebriation doesn't seem to affect my odds of winning at chess, either. Maybe it's Zui Quan. Anyway, I won a game against Dragoness and then joined her for some shibari shopping. I managed to take some pictures (though none of shibari in action, I'm afraid), which I don't often seem to have time for these days as I seem to spend most of my Second Life time playing chess;


Here's one of those outfits I just had to have, of course. Tou's in a giant doll case here, and I thought the outfit seemed appropriate, although it might have been a likelier place for Jabba to store Captain Solo.


This is in one of the shibari shops, though it was largely free of shibari and big on atmosphere.


Some books don't need conversations, if the pictures are good enough. Yes, the Alice pinafore dress is another outfit I just had to have. I need to find better hair for it, though. Good blonde hair is hard to find--it's usually either too yellow or too bright. This one's colour is right, but as you can see, it just doesn't move properly.


"They lived on treacle," said the Dormouse, after thinking a minute or two.

"They couldn't have done that, you know," Alice gently remarked. "They'd have been ill."

"So they were," said the Dormouse; "
very ill."


"Do you hear the snow against the window-panes, Kitty? How nice and soft it sounds! Just as if some one was kissing the window all over outside."


I'm not sure what on earth this thing was.


Lastly, Tou modelling her new green eyes. What did you think this picture was about? Stop looking at her panties, you.

No comments:

Post a Comment