Friday, May 30, 2008

Just two pages to go with this chapter. Having run out of DVD commentaries to listen to, I've been looking for new things to listen to while inking and colouring. Last night I downloaded all of the Shadow radio serials and listened to Orson Welles' War of the Worlds. I think what makes that piece so particularly effective is the subtle despair that creeps into the voices of the radio announcers.

To-day I've already listened to Keith Olbermann's interview with Scott McClellan (click on "previously" and go to May 29) while colouring and eating breakfast. This interview took me past just feeling cynical about the Johnny-Come-Lately quality of McClellan's divulgences and got me thinking about how much of a coup this is, more, I suspect, than McClellan realised. I think he really did just want to cash in on the cow George Tenet had already tapped, but he'd been slightly blinded by the fact that just about everyone assumes as a matter of course that the Bush administration has been lying about practically everything. To a certain extent, the lack of ramifications for the overwhelming amount of legal evidence against the administration has rendered the truth irrelevant. But McClellan's book accumulates a little more mass to an object already exerting a tremendous, if sickly, gravitational pull, especially since McClellan was essentially the face of the administration for a time. Wilfully ignoring the dark planet in the room is getting more and more difficult and painful.

Anyway, I'm eager to get to work to-day. Here're some pictures of Toubanua in a fantasy forest that pointed me towards last night;








No comments:

Post a Comment