Thursday, January 28, 2010
      ( 8:36 PM ) posted by Setsuled  
I watched The Hangover while I ate dinner the past couple nights. Good movie, reminiscent of Animal House, a kind of young men's screwball movie you don't see much anymore. I particularly liked that the plot actually held together--these guys wake up after a boozy night they don't remember to find all kinds of crazy things going on--a tiger and a human baby in their hotel room, one guy's missing a tooth, another guy's just missing. And everything ends up having a real explanation that ends up being funny and facilitating opportunities for the actors to be funny.

Also a bit anachronistic was that the movie was honest about caring about the characters instead of using irony as a weird defence mechanism. I blame homophobia.

I've been colouring all day to-day and still have a long way to go. So I'd better get back to it. I'm so tired, though, I kind of don't want to. I wish everyone was naked in this chapter, I'm tired of filling in all the little pieces of clothing.

I saw Snow the Cat to-day, so I guess the coyotes haven't gotten him. He followed me while I brought the trash cans up from the curb like an attentive lieutenant.

By far the best J.D. Salinger obituary can be found here.

Last night's tweets;

The smart cursor is announced as "pretty".
The jurors furiously write this down.
Troubadour lawyers evoke no pity.
After some thought, the reeve thinks he might frown.
#





writing:
Anelnoath
Venia's Travels
Boschen and Nesuko

links:
News
The Agonist
Crooks and Liars
The Guardian
The Japan Times
National Public Radio
The New York Times
The Onion

Blogs
Poppy Z Brite
Dame Darcy's Journal
Neil Gaiman
Caitlin R Kiernan
M'isa's Journal

Art and Entertainment
Tori Amos
David Bowie
The Cure
William Gibson
Martin Johnson
Karlsweb
Leia's Metal Bikini
Nebari.Net
Peanuts
Rasputina
Remotely Lame
Roger Ebert
Scott McCloud

Reference
Dictionary
Moviefone
Norse Mythology
Jeff Russell's Starship Dimensions (everyone needs this)
Tarot readings at Trusted Tarot.
World Clock(it's nifty!)

e-mail: setsuled@yahoo.com

Presenting Setsuled's blog . . .

Powered by Blogger